Pin It

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

The Jesus Storybook Bible; every story whispers His name.

In the wee hours of the night while breastfeeding, I’m always listening to the radio. Sometimes I catch the sermons on CHRI. But there was an extra special treat yesterday. There was an interview with a children’s author introducing her new book, “the Jesus Storybook Bible; every story whispers his name” by Sally Lloyd Jones. Wow! She writes every story in the Old Testament and reveals the hidden messianic prophetic message those words using words that every child can understand. She does not reveal Jesus’ name until it is actually given to Virgin Mary, but the way she finishes every story really keeps the kids hooked. They want keep listening to figure it out! For example the one about Abraham and Isaac finishes with words like “… and one day, another very special baby will be born as God’s most precious gift.” Or another story about the Tower of Babel, “… you see they were trying to build a ladder to heaven, but one day God himself will reach down from heaven to earth.” I can’t repeat her words the same way, but I was so touched that I stayed up to listen to the whole interview and I’m going to order a copy for my baby girl and one for a friend. Check it out on http://www.haventoday.org/

No comments: