Pin It

Monday, March 11, 2013

What Did You Do Today

It's the first day of spring break and the kiddies were at Art Camp. I asked them, what did you do today. Answer: Crafts, mom! Well this is for all the other days when I asked the same question and I got a less informative answer.
Art for Everyone:
Imagination Factory

WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY POEM

When children come home at the end of the day.
The question they're asked as they scurry to play is:
"Tell me what did you do at school today?"
And the answer they give makes you smile with dismay
"Nothing! I did nothing today!"

Perhaps nothing means that I played in the sand, or
Played with the teacher in our own band.
Maybe I painted a picture of red or blue
Or I heard a story about an elephant that flew.

Maybe I played with the play dough today
Or went outside to the playground to play.
Maybe today was the very first time
That my scissors followed a very straight line.

Maybe I led a song from beginning to end,
Or played with a special, brand new friend.
When you're only four and your heart has wings
"Nothing" can mean so many things.

Author Unknown

No comments: