Pin It

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Pop Cap Phonics

I have a fairly large collection of juice caps in all colours - yellow, purple, green, blue, red, orange, brown, black and white. I originally started collecting them for my piano teaching notation methodology, and I enlisted the help of friends and colleagues to collect them for me. I also find them useful for labeling with numbers and choosing specific colours for specific number properties like prime, even, fives, tens etc.

Another usage for them could be a phonics bingo game or just a tub full of three letter CVC words (consonant vowel consonant). But I think someone's beat me to this product! I saw it in my kids' Scholastic book order flyer and I just ordered it instead of trying to build my own. This is from the current September 2012 See Saw Book Club flyer.


But if you are looking for worksheets or flashcards to print off yourself, I found the Lanternfish website to be very useful. I might print these out, use a circle punch and paste the graphics onto the juice caps and write the words or word endings (with a silver marker) to make a more durable set.

The next step in schooling, kids learning to read!

No comments: